Tory Burch, DVF and more.
MatrixFillmore – 3138 Fillmore St.
Saturday, May 21st (10am-5pm)
Sometimes it feels like the seasons change over one weekend. We finally received some much needed rain over the past few weeks and this past week finally feels like spring has arrived (hello sunshine!).
With a new season, means a new wardrobe.
Which means finding time to scope out new pieces to add to your closet. Personally, I often don’t have time to take time and go out shopping. So I prefer getting some easy pieces that I know will last me a long time, will go with my existing pieces in rotation and easy enough to throw on for work or weekend.
This season was hard to narrow down my favorites, but a few that stood out can be versatile for most California weather well through fall and easy to become staples within a solid spring/summer wardrobe
- This shoe has recently become a Tory Burch favorite. The Lexington wedge is an easy style that you will live in almost year round – and is honestly comfortable. (Tory Burch)
- Sweater tank. I know what you’re thinking, a sweater for a warm weather season? But it’s a tank. And it’s a breathable woven. So it works – really well. A great top to pair with cutoff denim shorts or tucked into some amazing joggers (as pictured).(360 Sweater)
- A perfect in season wash, and a relaxed fit are ideal for the coming months. This denim is your go-to-throw-on-with-any-top kind of pant that keeps it’s fit day to day. (Fidelity Denim).
- I’ll start by saying the picture does not do this one justice. This jumpsuit is hardly, a jumpsuit. On, it looks like a dress – flowy and ridiculously comfortable. So it’s absolutely perfect for bike rides and windy days. You’re welcome. (Tysa Designs)
- 5. I’m happy that joggers are still on trend. (Okay, maybe I’m a little bias, since they typically are offered in shorter inseams and are ideal for my 5’3 self). Anyways, there are a great alternative to a denim since they’re a lighter pant and ultimately become your best friend when you bring on all your spring/summer vacations. (Velvet)
Happy Spring shopping!
This winter season here in Napa, we are yet again hoping for a season of true cold weather conditions and an abundance of rain. And while we’ll most likely at least get cooler temperatures, that’s a good enough reason for us to wear our winter coats and scarves. However, whether you’re here on the west or east coast, we all have become accustomed to reaching for the same neutral winter color palette and often fail to incorporate other colors that are often available but we tend to overlook.
Find your wint-spiration below + enjoy!
Floral prints aren’t just for spring.
Elegant versions of this feminine classic print can be found on silks, chiffon and accessories for fall and we’re loving them all (we love them so much it makes us rhyme…). Floral prints for fall offer a sophisticated feel, so any piece will make a great addition to your closet.
A few pieces we’re currently loving:
Ah yes, New York Fashion Week is just wrapping up in NYC. Which means us buyers get to go in next week and
have all the fun pick out all the fresh new styles to bring in our stores for Spring.
I love attending market (fashion market: where we go twice a year to pick out the latest and greatest styles for PlumpJackSport at The Carneros Inn) in September vs. February in New York, as it allows for a broader variety of what I can wear. Since we’re on our feet all day long and walking around the city morning and night, I’ve learned how crucial it is to embrace the happy hybrid of fashion and function.
1. a versatile carry on/market bag: this bag is nylon, so it’s easy to clean if I
spill my wine the kid in front of you spills their juice on the plane due to turbulence, yet roomy and durable, for when we’re lugging around five pounds of orders and looksbooks/linesheets each day. (Tory Burch)
2. comfy, but cute sneakers: sneakers have a come a long way in breaking into the modern fashion world, so it’s almost impossible to not find a cute pair. I especially love these because
I’m obsessed with leopard print it’s a great neutral to pair with almost any outfit on my trip. (Sam Edelman)
3. classic shades: an absolute staple – and it’s such a beautiful, sunny time in NYC right now. Protect those eyes in style! (A.J. Morgan)
4. a dark, casual to dressy jean: i live in relaxed/boyfriend-ish style denim, because it’s so easy to take from day to night and you could style with essentially, any shoe. These are comfortable enough to wear all day and flawless to wear at night with a dressy top. mapbild (Paige Denim)
5. a big, cozy neutral scarf: this is part of ‘Flying 101’. Steer clear of those shady airplane blankets and opt for a spacious, soft scarf to wrap up when it gets chilly during your flight or throw on when it gets chilly at night if you’re out to dinner. (Calypso)
Even though temps have been hotter than hot here in Napa, they’re not stopping the fall arrivals from coming our way. Which makes us wish we could sport the latest hats and sweaters sooner than later. In the meantime, we can lust over some pieces that we can’t wait to wear full throttle in the next few months.
SUNNIES: if you typically reach for a black or tortoise frame, this olive color is a good way to switch it up + the fit is fantastic.
BLACK PANT: an updated fall staple + the softest fabric ever.
TEE: the color of the year + goes with your fall color palette.
NECKLACE: the necklace you’ll wear all year long + the most dainty piece to pair with everything.
FLOPPY HAT: two words: instant chic + just the right amount of flop.
SWEATER: asymmetrical hem + neutral color, makes for your not so average fall sweater.
Everyone loves a good tote bag. I mean, it’s a must in this day and age. At the same time, it’s hard to not have 52 different ones. Until we came across Tory Burch’s latest bag – The Perry Tote. This bag is fantastic in every aspect. Constructed with Tory’s signature buttery soft pebbled leather and contrast color inside, it fits all your essentials and then some. If you’re in need of an upgraded staple tote bag, you might want to meet this new guy, Perry and add to your collection. The makes 53.
Year three of BottleRock Napa Valley kicks off this weekend, which makes for the perfect excuse to rock cut off shorts, kimono’s, slouchy tanks, all with your favorite beer or wine in hand. We’ve picked our favorite pieces of the moment for some festival approved fashion to get you through the weekend (and the warm days) in style.
S U N G L A S S E S // Oliver People West
K I M O N O // Fifteen Twenty
T A N K // Red 23
S H O R T S // Hudson
J E W E L R Y // Gorjana
S A N D A L S // Tory Burch
Not only do I absolutely love shopping for all my friends and family for the holidays, I especially love shopping for my mom. It’s a reason to spoil her and I love the mission of finding just the right gift. The gift that she wouldn’t expect or something she had looked for in the past and had no luck. The gift that simply says, “I love you this much”.
Here are some ideas that she’ll be sure to love.
Necklace – gold plated and age neutral, the perfect piece of elegance for her to wear everyday (Gorjana, $60)
Decorative bowl – so family dinners can be delicious and chic (Tory Burch, $128)
Cozy cape – whether she’s on the go or quiet at home, she’ll be effortlessly in style (Vince, $495)
Double layer gloves – chunky cable knit and fingerless, so she can still text you to say, “Thank you for this fantastic gift!” (Urban Outfitters, $18)
Metallic detail mug – so she can start her day off with some glitz (J Crew, $14.50)
Etched measuring spoons – wood spoons with etched details make these a standout accessory in any kitchen (Urban Outfitters, $20)
Cashmere slippers – because her toes deserve a little luxury too (Arlotta, $115)
Quartz bottle stopper – so the bottle of wine you two just shared can stay fresh (and look pretty) until next time (RABLABS, $64)
Stay tuned for our next post, “How To Shop For: Dad”
Fall is officially here. Cooler days (for the exception of this weekend here in Napa – 90’s? Really??) are to come and a warmer wardrobe is to be worn. I always love seeing what fun touches designers put on fall staples that will make me feel the need to run out and buy the latest updated peacoat (a hi-lo hem you say?) or new cable knit sweater (what’s that? A new shade of grey?). So as soon as we saw textured sweaters, peplum coats and heavenly cashmere scarves when we bought for fall this past February, we knew we already had chic cold weather essentials to look forward to.
Here are some of our favorite fall staples:
2. Theodora and Callum scarf – warm color palette for a fun fall print.
3. Ted Baker Bracti peplum coat – feminine take on the winter coat.
4. Calypso cashmere scarf – the item you’ll reach for all season long.
5. Tory Burch Maxeen sweater coat – a cozy, casual option if you don’t want to fully commit to wearing a coat
6. Skull Cashmere fingerless gloves – when your fingers are cold, but you still have to answer emails on the go.
7. 360 Sweater oversize cowl neck sweater – the epitome of cozy; throw on with skinny denim and boots and you’ve found your fall go-to outfit.