Just because Karl the Fog is an SF summer resident doesn’t mean we can’t emulate the sunshine via a frosty bottle of rosé. Our ancient PlumpJack ancestors even said that drinking rosé attracts sunlight! In all seriousness, rosé is the bomb, just ask Rick Ross or . Pick up a bottle or five at your closest PlumpJack Wine and Spirits, in the Marina or Noe Valley. Sip through this list with us and you’ll be seeing the world through rosé colored glasses.
- Domaine Amido, Tavel – The fuchsia-tinged wine of Tavel was a favorite of French King Louis XIV. It’s easy to see why with its gorgeous cherry, strawberry and almond flower notes. Sip alongside a pork roast or chicken salad.
- Skylark, “Pink Belly,” Mendocino – Bright, fresh, and lively, this 100% Grenache rosé is summer in a glass with notes of strawberry, ripe cherry, and watermelon.
- Dominique Piron, Beaujolais – This rosé of Gamay boasts mineral driven fruit with violets, strawberry, crisp acidity and overall deliciousness. It’s begging to tag along with you at your picnic.
- Ostatu, Rioja – Grenache and Tempranillo give this pale salmon colored wine its mineral, blood orange, peach, and honeysuckle flavors that invite pairing with marinated green olives and sheep’s milk cheeses.
- Liveli, Puglia – Coming from the heel of Italy’s “boot,” this rosé of Negroamaro exhibits fragrant fresh fruit aromas of plum and strawberry and gets along well with a variety of antipasti like prosciutto, burrata, and summery salads.