I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Diane Keaton on one of her many visits to The Carneros Inn. Diane frequented the Napa Valley while doing research for her book House, that expresses her vision of how we live today in spaces that have been artfully re-purposed or reinvented. The book demonstrates a strong commitment to environmental consciousness and its embrace of Green design, as seen in the architecture and interiors portrayed.
Photogrpahy credit: Ruven Afanador / http://www.ruvenafanador.com/
Diane is an extraordinary talent. She is a highly accomplished Academy Award Winning actress with dozens of notable films, including all three Godfather’s, Annie Hall, Something’s Gotta Give, Manhattan among many others. Diane has just published her new book Lets Just Say It Wasn’t Pretty, which is not to be missed! I am so incredibly pleased to feature Diane this month, I hope you enjoy!
1.Do you have a prized possession?
My children’s art, letters,and notes. I save every note ever written to me. Beware!
2. What qualities do you think others love about you?
You would need to ask them. I hope it would be compassion for people and animals.
3. If you could do anything other than what you currently do, what would it be?
Build more…homes, hotels, you name it! And of course preserving old buildings particularly factories.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Kiss my dog Emmie…turn on CNN…and make a cup of Nespresso.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
Go to a movie and see a documentary then take an evening walk on the bluff and see the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
6. What were you passionate about in your younger years growing up?
Singing… but that didn’t work out. I am lucky I became an actress.
7. What are you passionate about now?
Imagery. I love Pinterest. I love pinning all the visual wonders on my pages. It is a world that is endless. I am in awe.
8. What’s your favorite season and why?
Summer..I like it hot! Desert hot!
9. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what three items would you want to have with you?
Iphone, ipad and computer.
10. If you were a cocktail or a drink what would it be?
Red wine on the rocks- also known as “The Keaton”
11. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
Right now..Rhianna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney song-FourFiveSeconds
12. If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Friends I have lost…Robert Shapazian, Michael Blalock, Grammy Hall, Red (my old corgi mix), Josie (my mix breed dog), and of course Dorothy and Jack Hall, my parents.
13. Do you have any regrets?
No regrets. I just think everyone should document their lives. All humans are interesting and everyone’s personal stories are remarkable.
14. Define Freedom.
Being able to think, talk freely. I feel so fortunate to have that gift in our great country.
15. What are your personal core values?
Treat every person the same. Period