- Fly Fishing Package at PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn – okay, so maybe your guy isn’t a big fly fisherman, but he really enjoys the mountain air. You can always just book a stay and not the package, but the package does include instruction from Matt Heron Fly Fishing outfitter, plus a bottle of Cade Sauvignon Blanc, and a choice between fresh-baked pastries in your room before departure or a cheese platter to end your day with. LEARN MORE
- The Modern Man Facial from the Spa at The Carneros Inn – There is a caveat to this, if you want to book this facial, which is totally amazing, you have to be a guest at The Carneros Inn. So that means the father in your life has to endure a stay at one of Napa’s premier resorts complete with two pools, three restaurants, bocce ball courts, 26 acres of beautiful landscape and more, plus. The facial perfectly caters to the needs of male skin and their daily rituals, the treatment provides vitality and enhanced energy while soothing irritation from shaving and moisturizing the skin for long-lasting results. Sounds like a fab Father’s Day, doesn’t it? THE SPA AT THE CARNEROS
- A Golf Getaway in Carmel and a Stay at The Hideaway in Carmel – Venture to Carmel for some amazing golf and a stay at The Hideaway – book by June 30th and receive 25% off a 2-night stay – rates start at $199.
Our favorite courses besides Pebble Beach:
DEL MONTE Opened in 1897, Del Monte Golf Course is the oldest course in continuous operation west of the Mississippi.
PACIFIC GROVE The most affordable golf experience on or near the Pacific Ocean. The entire back nine offers breathtaking views, and is adjacent to the famous 17 Mile Drive.
BAYONET & BLACK HORSE Recent renovations have made the ‘must-play’ Monterey Peninsula layouts more scenic and a better overall test of golf.
- The House Martini at Wildhawk Bar – For $25 you get two ice-cold delicious martinis in one lovely serving, because we all know the second Martini is always a little bit more amazing than the first. WILDHAWK
- Dads like Cabs! – PlumpJack is known for their robust and beautiful cabs. We can’t really suggest one in particular so we’ll just say that all of the estate and reserve cabs from each of our wineries are worth a taste – Odette Estate, PlumpJack Winery, CADE Estate Winery
From the people who know best, a selection of Squaw and North Tahoe locals give us insight on the best things to do, see, go, eat, events, etc..this Spring. So much to do, plus with the addition of the mountain staying open in May, there are even more fun activities on the list.
Squaw Valley Resorts Hot Tub at High Camp, is an iconic get together of
all walks of life. Get to know locals, visitors, young, old, ski pros and newbies. Plus, the views are some of the best in Tahoe at 8200 elevation and the beer is cold. Swim all day in the pool and relax in the hot tub.
Spring is a multi-sport season!
One of the best ways to experience the warmth and sunshine of Lake Tahoe is by paddle board, kayak, or boat. If you’re into experiencing the water in a different way, there’s always Fly Fishing! We recommend Matt Heron Fly Fishing in Squaw Valley.
Rock climbing season has begun, and you have the chance to rope-up! We recommend Donner Summit or Big Chief.Hiking is a must for anyone, whether you need to find your zen on a solo adventure or you want to experience with a group. During the spring months, you’ll get to see some of the most gorgeous waterfalls from all of that snow runoff. Some of PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn’s staff recommend Shirley Canyon or the many trails around Emerald Bay. Check out the massive list of hiking trails in Squaw Valley here.
Dining and Drinking Everyone agrees there is a lot of great dining and drinking to go around in North Lake Tahoe, and especially Squaw Valley. We are biased and think that PlumpJack Cafe has the best weekday happy hour and a pretty darn good bar menu, and then the dining room, which is the spot for a more elevated culinary experience. We are also big fans of many of our fellow restaurants and bars. In Squaw Valley, we love Mamasake for their Beer and a Handroll special and their excellent sushi. We also love grabbing a glass of wine and some cheese at Uncorked. For a rowdy and fun night, you can’t miss the Cantina where all the locals go for cheap PBRs and music.
PS – Don’t miss PlumpJack Cafe’s Pig Roast & Tequila Toast on June 12th. This years theme is Mexican, enjoy Mexican beers, tequila and inspired cocktails with slow roasted carnitas.
Notable Events In Squaw Valley
Made in Tahoe Festival. Which celebrates all things local. The Village at Squaw Valley hosts a wide array of offerings that are made, or inspired, in the Lake Tahoe Basin and Truckee areas- local artisans, businesses, food, organizations and entertainers. More info here.
The 4th AMCRC Western Regional Car Show
On May 21st Come to Squaw Valley for a Spring day of amazing and unique automobiles. More info here.
This popular and free outdoor concert series at the Village at Squaw Valley features acclaimed blues musicians, great grab and go food offerings from Village restaurants and a Blues bar with beer, wine & spirits available in the Events Plaza. June 14th, 21st, 28th and July 5th.
Outdoor Movie Series
Families and friends can snuggle up under the stars while enjoying new releases and family classics on the big screen in the Events Plaza at The Village at Squaw Valley. For date and movies playing click here.
Art, Wine & Music Festival
Squaw Valley’s village will burst with color, taste, and sound as fine artists, crafts makers, performers and musicians come to participate in this fun, two-day annual event. More info here.
Shameless PlumpJack Plug
Enjoy 25% off a two night mid week stay at PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn for stay dates between April 3rd and June 16th, 2016. Restrictions apply.
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn is closed from May 1st until the 12th.
Don’t forget to stop by PlumpJackSport to shop and save! Jump on the end of season sales for winter apparel. Get all your gear for next season at up to 60% OFF! If you’re in San Francisco on May 21st stop by our Trunk Show and shop up to 70% odd winter gear.
PlumpJack’s perfect gift-giving ideas for your favorite Dad – Sunday, June 15th.
- Dads like the great outdoors or they like pretending that they like the great outdoors.
Surprise Dad with the Cast n’ Catch Fly Fishing package from PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn. In addition to fishing instruction by one of the best outfitters, Matt Heron Fly Fishing School, dad also gets a bottle of CADE in his room and some tasty treats.
- Dads like big, bold wines with muscle.
Buy Dad a 2010 PlumpJack Estate Cabernet Sauvignon or 2009 CADE Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Or you could take him to all three of our wineries in Napa for a day of wine tasting and then he can choose his own wine(s).
- Dads like interesting and unusual beers that need to be sourced by beer experts who are in-the-know.
PlumpJack Wine & Spirits in Noe Valley has one of the largest selection of Belgian Ales and microbrews in Northern California, and a great Beer of the Month Club, where dad will get his beers shipped to him directly for about $25-30 per month.
- Dads enjoy staring at the stars while vacationing with a loved one.
Better yet, staring at the stars from The Carneros Inn in Napa after eating, drinking and lounging by the pool all day. Cap it off with a Starry, Starry Night package.
- Dads usually enjoy a nice juicy burger and the best Bloody Mary in San Francisco with their buddies at Balboa Cafe San Francisco.
Enjoy the famous Balboa Burger at Balboa Cafe San Francisco in the month of June and proceeds from that burger help the Glogau Teddy Bear Rescue Fund that provides aid to families whose children are undergoing lifesaving treatment at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. Dad will feel better knowing it’s not all about him.