The holiday season is upon us! This means shopping for loved ones, the sweet smell of baking, and traveling to see friends and family. So I thought I’d take a moment to share my picks for when you’re at the airport and on the plane, when traveling this holiday season.
I used to not be a fan of flying, but in recent years, I have become more comfortable with it and actually view it as something to look forward to. With each flight, I also become more of an expert flyer, as each trip I learn new tricks to make the traveling experience as seamless as possible. Here are a few pieces to help you find a little more comfort when in the sky in the coming months.
1. Comfortable pants – the ultimate lifesaver. You want a truly comfortable pant to wear on the plane, especially if you’re going to be on a coast to coast flight. These are great since they’re a modal/spandex blend and have fantastic stretch and keep their true black color wash after wash. (Level 99 Lily skinny straight pant in forever black, $118)
2. Comfortable flats – because no one wants to wear bulky shoes while trying to curl up in your seat while watching the latest movie (and taking your shoes off is just not an option). These feel like slippers but wear as a chic flat. Bonus, you can still wear a nylon sock with them for when you have to go through security. (Yosi Samra Samara flat in black crocodile, $70)
3. Notebook – my motto when I’m in the air is, “Life is so much simpler at 30,000 feet”. Thus, the best time to reflect and write down anything that comes to mind. (Kate Spade, “Leave Something to the Imagination” notebook, $24)
4. Hair ties – nothing is worse than when you’re half way through your flight and don’t have something to put your hair up with. I bring a handful of these each trip, just in case. (Goody hair ties, $4)
5. Oversize cozy cardigan – versatility at its’ best. This cardigan is perfect for layering and even better to wrap up in as an alternative to a mysteriously packaged on board blanket. (Tart collections Darla cardigan, $150)
6. Travel proof skin care – for when you feel the effects of the glorious recycled cabin air on board. The line was “created specifically to combat environmental stresses that affect the health of the skin including travel and flight fatigue.” The travel size products offer five ways of hydration to keep you feeling refreshed all flight long and keep you reaching for them even after you land. (Air Repair skincare kit, $42)
Happy and safe travels this holiday season!