Summer may be winding down, but my days soaking up the sun will probably extend through October as the Napa Valley tends to stay warm through the fall season. As the Spa Director for The Carneros Inn, people are always asking me about my skin routine. I have mastered a routine that works for me and can work for anyone. If you’re staying with us at The Carneros Inn, I highly recommend our Carneros Custom Facial that is customized to your skin’s needs. Our estheticians are great at providing in-depth skin analysis and prescribing the perfect skincare products to make your skin glow. We use a lot of all-natural botanicals, anti-aging peptides and powerful anti-oxidants to give your skin that extra blast of nutrition. Also, don’t hesitate to ask for me if you’re at the spa, I love engaging with guests and giving suggestions for at-home skin routines. Here is my own at-home skin routine:
- I religiously cleanse my face and hydrate every morning and night.
- I try to exfoliate 2-3 times a week either with a chemical or enzyme exfoliant or a physical exfoliant. My go-to products: Epicuren’s Microderm Scrub, Pumpkin Apple Spice Peel, or for a bit more kick, mix the Pumpkin Apple Spice Peel with Epicuren’s 5 or 1-% Glycolic Lotion. Dr. BABOR’s Mild Peeling Scrub or Doctor BABOR’s Skin Renewal AHA Peeling is also a favorite.
- It’s not just about the face. For extra hydration when my arms and legs are really dry I like to like to mix Duchess Marden’s Damascena Rose Body Serum with any lotion for a dose of extra deep hydration. Best time to apply is right after a bath or shower when your skin is still a bit moist.
- My Secret Weapon is Dr. BABOR Collagen Ampoules or any ampoule by BABOR (another of my favorites is Algae Active).
- Drink lots of water to hydrate skin from the inside out. I like to flavor mine with orange. Also, don’t forget a stylish, floppy hat
by the pool or a cute fedora when you’re on the go and outside.
ABOUT NANCY MITCHELL, Spa Director, The Carneros Inn
An authority in the spa industry, Nancy Mitchell brings to her role as spa director to The Carneros Inn more than eight years of experience in leadership positions at some of the finest luxury resort and hotel spas in the United States and abroad. Nancy was most recently Spa Director at The Spa at Four Season Resort Nevis, located in Nevis, West Indies where she successfully reopened the spa after its closure to hurricane damage and prior to that at the Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts in Las Vegas. She also held a management role at Mandara Spa, located at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort and Spa in Wailea, Hawaii and at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa.