This winter season here in Napa, we are yet again hoping for a season of true cold weather conditions and an abundance of rain. And while we’ll most likely at least get cooler temperatures, that’s a good enough reason for us to wear our winter coats and scarves. However, whether you’re here on the west or east coast, we all have become accustomed to reaching for the same neutral winter color palette and often fail to incorporate other colors that are often available but we tend to overlook.air jordan xvi
Ah yes, New York Fashion Week is just wrapping up in NYC. Which means us buyers get to go in next week and have all the fun pick out all the fresh new styles to bring in our stores for Spring. air jordan sites
I love attending market (fashion market: where we go twice a year to pick out the latest and greatest styles for PlumpJackSport at The Carneros Inn) in September vs. February in New York, as it allows for a broader variety of what I can wear. Since we’re on our feet all day long and walking around the city morning and night, I’ve learned how crucial it is to embrace the happy hybrid of fashion and function. nike free run 5.0 running shoes
Here’s a glimpse into my go-to market essentials.
new balance 576
1. a versatile carry on/market bag: this bag is nylon, so it’s easy to clean if I spill my wine the kid in front of you spills their juice on the plane due to turbulence, yet roomy and durable, for when we’re lugging around five pounds of orders and looksbooks/linesheets each day. (Tory Burch)
2. comfy, but cute sneakers: sneakers have a come a long way in breaking into the modern fashion world, so it’s almost impossible to not find a cute pair. I especially love these because I’m obsessed with leopard print it’s a great neutral to pair with almost any outfit on my trip. (Sam Edelman)
3. classic shades: an absolute staple – and it’s such a beautiful, sunny time in NYC right now. Protect those eyes in style! (A.J. Morgan) new balance 500
4. a dark, casual to dressy jean: i live in relaxed/boyfriend-ish style denim, because it’s so easy to take from day to night and you could style with essentially, any shoe. These are comfortable enough to wear all day and flawless to wear at night with a dressy top. mapbild (Paige Denim) nike womens free
5. a big, cozy neutral scarf: this is part of ‘Flying 101’. Steer clear of those shady airplane blankets and opt for a spacious, soft scarf to wrap up when it gets chilly during your flight or throw on when it gets chilly at night if you’re out to dinner. (Calypso) nike air jordan 6
Fall is officially here. Cooler days (for the exception of this weekend here in Napa – 90’s? Really??) are to come and a warmer wardrobe is to be worn. I always love seeing what fun touches designers put on fall staples that will make me feel the need to run out and buy the latest updated peacoat (a hi-lo hem you say?) or new cable knit sweater (what’s that? A new shade of grey?). So as soon as we saw textured sweaters, peplum coats and heavenly cashmere scarves when we bought for fall this past February, we knew we already had chic cold weather essentials to look forward to.air max running shoes
Here are some of our favorite fall staples:
1. Ted Baker Vickiye cape – two words: instant chic.
2. Theodora and Callum scarf – warm color palette for a fun fall print.
Longer and warmer days are finally here, and the first official day of summer is just on the horizon. Transitioning into the summer wardrobe is my particularly favorite time of year – sandals move to the forefront of your shoe closet, dresses become the perfect go-to outfit, and so begins the justification of how many sunglasses and hats you absolutely “can’t live without”. With every season, we gravitate towards a handful of pieces that we consistently reach for and thus, become our essentials. If you’re from Northern California, visiting the Napa Valley soon or just want to be inspired by Napa Valley’s seasonal fashions, we’ve handpicked our Napa Valley summer essentials so you can take on the season in style. nike run free
1. Lightweight cardigan – perfect to layer in cooler mornings and wrap up in when the sun goes down.
2. Crossbody bag – ideal bag for all your summer activities from BottleRock to wine tasting.
3. Neutral wedges – the perfect shoe to go with almost any summer outfit and a safe pick to trek through the vineyards. nike air max trainers
4. Aviator sunglasses – the metal frame is an ultralight design and aviator shape is a classic style you can wear season after season.
5. Raffia fedora – more feminine than a baseball cap and without the commitment of a big brim sunhat. air jordan ii
6. Cuffed skinny denim – a bottom that you can literally wear all year long, dress up or down and pair with any shoe.