Ah yes, New York Fashion Week is just wrapping up in NYC. Which means us buyers get to go in next week and
have all the fun pick out all the fresh new styles to bring in our stores for Spring.
I love attending market (fashion market: where we go twice a year to pick out the latest and greatest styles for PlumpJackSport at The Carneros Inn) in September vs. February in New York, as it allows for a broader variety of what I can wear. Since we’re on our feet all day long and walking around the city morning and night, I’ve learned how crucial it is to embrace the happy hybrid of fashion and function.
Here’s a glimpse into my go-to market essentials.
1. a versatile carry on/market bag: this bag is nylon, so it’s easy to clean if I
spill my wine the kid in front of you spills their juice on the plane due to turbulence, yet roomy and durable, for when we’re lugging around five pounds of orders and looksbooks/linesheets each day. (Tory Burch)
2. comfy, but cute sneakers: sneakers have a come a long way in breaking into the modern fashion world, so it’s almost impossible to not find a cute pair. I especially love these because
I’m obsessed with leopard print it’s a great neutral to pair with almost any outfit on my trip. (Sam Edelman)
3. classic shades: an absolute staple – and it’s such a beautiful, sunny time in NYC right now. Protect those eyes in style! (A.J. Morgan)
4. a dark, casual to dressy jean: i live in relaxed/boyfriend-ish style denim, because it’s so easy to take from day to night and you could style with essentially, any shoe. These are comfortable enough to wear all day and flawless to wear at night with a dressy top. mapbild (Paige Denim)
5. a big, cozy neutral scarf: this is part of ‘Flying 101’. Steer clear of those shady airplane blankets and opt for a spacious, soft scarf to wrap up when it gets chilly during your flight or throw on when it gets chilly at night if you’re out to dinner. (Calypso)