Memorial Day is all about loving what you’ve got. It’s an opportunity to step back, slow down, and spend time with the people who make you feel great. It’s a chance to raise a glass to those who have fought for our country and commemorate the freedom with which we are blessed. That being said, Memorial Day is often all about the family and friends feast. This year we wanted to give you some pairing pointers on how eat well and share the love! Our buddy Kelly at PlumpJack Wine and Spirits Noe Valley compiled this lovely list for you:
Pairing with Pork: Six Wines That Go Well With Swine
- Unti Syrah – there’s always room for a nice juicy and peppery Syrah at the cook-out table. We can imagine many pairings, but the one that keeps sticking out is juicy, bacon-topped hamburger straight from the grill.
nike free 5.0 v3
- Melville Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir – Cherries are always a nice accompaniment to pork, this time it’s packed in your Pinot. How about a juicy pork chop brined and then thrown on the grill with a nice char and a full flavored Pinot to wash it all down. Succulent pork belly sliders anyone?
- Ridge Sonoma County Zinfandel – The perfect compliment with a rack of smoky ribs. The robust zinfandel flavor with hints of boysenberry gives the ribs that extra kick.
- CADE Cabernet Sauvignon – The blueberry undertones work well with pulled pork sandwiches.
white nike free runs
- Sean Thackrey Sangiovese – Sip on this with spicy fennel sausages.
- Joseph Swan Cotes du Rhone – Perfect alongside some teriyaki pork kebabs.