HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
In lieu of the upcoming holiday, our catering and events manager Ashley put together a quick guide to throwing a seamless patriotic party. This guide can be applied to any type of soiree, from baby shower to birthday, it’s all about being prepared. Make sure to pick up some fresh strawberries and blueberries at the market this weekend, soak up the sun and go USA!
1. PLAN AHEAD
Plan your shopping trip in advance so you’re at home applying the finishing touches the morning of your party. Make sure to get a jump start on your food and beverage and don’t leave all the cooking until the end. Try these freezer friendly appetizers.
2. CREATE A THEME & SET THE SCENE
A strand of lanterns lights, votive candles, napkins and flowers are an easy way to add a touch of style to your party. D.I.Y to save money! Entertain your guests with a smores bar, corn hole or disposable cameras to capture the fun.
3. NO FUSS MENU
Never try a recipe for the first time when when you’re hosting a party. Impress your guests with easy backyard appetizers instead of challenging yourself too much the day of! Create a no fuss menu that allows you to enjoy your guests instead of laboring over how you’re going to keep the food warm.
4. PORTION CONTROL & MENU CREATION
Menu portions always seem to be the hardest part of party planning. Here are some key things to consider when it comes to serving just the right amount:
- The timeframe of your event and length of your party will greatly effect how hungry your guests will be.
- Anticipate which food selections will be most popular and prepare accordingly. Take into account the composition of men, women and children.
- Always round up. Better to have leftovers for your guests to take home rather than run out.
- The more menu choices offered, the smaller the individual portions will be.
- Set up a separate table for drinks in another room if possible. Stock with both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverage options, ice, cocktail napkins and glassware.
5. MEATS, GREENS, and KID FRIENDLY
Vegetarians are just as important as your carnivore guests! Make sure to have something available for everyone and don’t forget the kiddos. Try popsicle stick labels as food markers to distinguish turkey burgers vs. beef.
6. EVERYONE LOVES EXTRAS
We all know there is never enough fridge space to store leftovers after the party. Make it easy for guests to bring their favorite foods home with them by providing extremely adorable disposable to go containers. Your guests will thank you!