air max 95
Everyone loves a good tote bag. I mean, it’s a must in this day and age. At the same time, it’s hard to not have 52 different ones. Until we came across Tory Burch’s latest bag – The Perry Tote. This bag is fantastic in every aspect. Constructed with Tory’s signature buttery soft pebbled leather and contrast color inside, it fits all your essentials and then some. If you’re in need of an upgraded staple tote bag, you might want to meet this new guy, Perry and add to your collection. The makes 53.air max 95flight air jordan
Year three of BottleRock Napa Valley kicks off this weekend, which makes for the perfect excuse to rock cut off shorts, kimono’s, slouchy tanks, all with your favorite beer or wine in hand. We’ve picked our favorite pieces of the moment for some festival approved fashion to get you through the weekend (and the warm days) in style.black nike air max 90
S U N G L A S S E S // Oliver People Westair jordan 5
K I M O N O // Fifteen Twenty
T A N K // Red 23
S H O R T S // Hudson
J E W E L R Y // Gorjananike shoes free run
S A N D A L S // Tory Burchnew balance 574 shoes
Not only do I absolutely love shopping for all my friends and family for the holidays, I especially love shopping for my mom. It’s a reason to spoil her and I love the mission of finding just the right gift. The gift that she wouldn’t expect or something she had looked for in the past and had no luck. The gift that simply says, “I love you this much”.best air jordan
Here are some ideas that she’ll be sure to love.
Necklace – gold plated and age neutral, the perfect piece of elegance for her to wear everyday (Gorjana, $60)
Cozy cape – whether she’s on the go or quiet at home, she’ll be effortlessly in style (Vince, $495)
Metallic detail mug – so she can start her day off with some glitz (J Crew, $14.50)
Cashmere slippers – because her toes deserve a little luxury too (Arlotta, $115)
Quartz bottle stopper – so the bottle of wine you two just shared can stay fresh (and look pretty) until next time (RABLABS, $64)
Stay tuned for our next post, “How To Shop For: Dad”
The holiday season is upon us! This means shopping for loved ones, the sweet smell of baking, and traveling to see friends and family. So I thought I’d take a moment to share my picks for when you’re at the airport and on the plane, when traveling this holiday season.
authentic air jordan
I used to not be a fan of flying, but in recent years, I have become more comfortable with it and actually view it as something to look forward to. With each flight, I also become more of an expert flyer, as each trip I learn new tricks to make the traveling experience as seamless as possible. Here are a few pieces to help you find a little more comfort when in the sky in the coming months.
stephen curry golden shoes
air max 1s
1. Comfortable pants – the ultimate lifesaver. You want a truly comfortable pant to wear on the plane, especially if you’re going to be on a coast to coast flight. These are great since they’re a modal/spandex blend and have fantastic stretch and keep their true black color wash after wash. (Level 99 Lily skinny straight pant in forever black, $118)
2. Comfortable flats – because no one wants to wear bulky shoes while trying to curl up in your seat while watching the latest movie (and taking your shoes off is just not an option). These feel like slippers but wear as a chic flat. Bonus, you can still wear a nylon sock with them for when you have to go through security. (Yosi Samra Samara flat in black crocodile, $70)
3. Notebook – my motto when I’m in the air is, “Life is so much simpler at 30,000 feet”. Thus, the best time to reflect and write down anything that comes to mind. (Kate Spade, “Leave Something to the Imagination” notebook, $24)
4. Hair ties – nothing is worse than when you’re half way through your flight and don’t have something to put your hair up with. I bring a handful of these each trip, just in case. (Goody hair ties, $4)
new balance 811
5. Oversize cozy cardigan – versatility at its’ best. This cardigan is perfect for layering and even better to wrap up in as an alternative to a mysteriously packaged on board blanket. (Tart collections Darla cardigan, $150)
6. Travel proof skin care – for when you feel the effects of the glorious recycled cabin air on board. The line was “created specifically to combat environmental stresses that affect the health of the skin including travel and flight fatigue.” The travel size products offer five ways of hydration to keep you feeling refreshed all flight long and keep you reaching for them even after you land. (Air Repair skincare kit, $42)
nike free running 5.0
Happy and safe travels this holiday season!
Your wardrobe is like your tool box for fashion. You have the crisp white button down, the clean black pant, the classic pea coat, those everyday diamond earrings and those great leather booties – just to name a few essentials. These classics pieces are timeless, because you can wear them season after season and often throughout the year, depending on where you live. They’ve become tried and true styles you can pair with pieces you already own and become your go-to fashions you can always count on for the perfect outfit in a flash.
nike air max 3
Fashion is always evolving, and the best part about it evolving, is seeing designers updating the most essential pieces in a way that make us remember why they’re classic, and shines a whole new light on what makes them special. We’ve highlighted a handful of styles with an updated feel to elevate your wardrobe in a new, fresh way.
1. Black pant – the ultimate staple. Opt for this updated version of the black pant for a trouser fit, without the formal feel. (Pictured: J Brand skinny pant)
nike free women 3.0
2. Stud earrings – these long minimal stud earrings are an edgy way to dress up your stud earrings and the hammered look gives them a textured dimension as you move. (Pictured: Gorjana pressed Taner studs)
3. Pop of color dress – not your little black dress, is the perfect go-to dress. The color makes for an outfit all on it’s own. Strategically ruched and the right amount of stretch. (Pictured: DVF Bevin ceramic ruched sheath dress)
air max 90 for sale
4. Booties with detail – a classic black suede bootie with a dressed up heel. Chunky heel for wearability and gold detail when you want to add a pop of lux so you can wear day to night. (Pictured: Tory Burch Regina bootie)
new balance 1
5. Coat – a cozy overcoat feel, with a sweater fit. Drapey cut and contrast piping adds updated details to this classic style coat. (Pictured: Tart Collections Bain coat)
newest air jordan
6. White blouse – this flowy shape can be tucked in or out for a dressed up or down look and comfortable enough to wear all day long. Pair with denim for the weekend or your favorite pencil skirt for the work week. (Pictured: Velvet Rosie blouse)
Fall is officially here. Cooler days (for the exception of this weekend here in Napa – 90’s? Really??) are to come and a warmer wardrobe is to be worn. I always love seeing what fun touches designers put on fall staples that will make me feel the need to run out and buy the latest updated peacoat (a hi-lo hem you say?) or new cable knit sweater (what’s that? A new shade of grey?). So as soon as we saw textured sweaters, peplum coats and heavenly cashmere scarves when we bought for fall this past February, we knew we already had chic cold weather essentials to look forward to.air max running shoes
Here are some of our favorite fall staples:
2. Theodora and Callum scarf – warm color palette for a fun fall print.
3. Ted Baker Bracti peplum coat – feminine take on the winter coat.nike air max skyline
4. Calypso cashmere scarf – the item you’ll reach for all season long.
5. Tory Burch Maxeen sweater coat – a cozy, casual option if you don’t want to fully commit to wearing a coatnew balance on sale
6. Skull Cashmere fingerless gloves – when your fingers are cold, but you still have to answer emails on the go.
7. 360 Sweater oversize cowl neck sweater – the epitome of cozy; throw on with skinny denim and boots and you’ve found your fall go-to outfit.how many air jordan shoes are there
nike free v2
We just got back from New York to buy for spring. While we arrived just after fashion week, style remained in the city and spring trends were the talk of the town. It was in the 70’s and sunny, so the timing was parallel to what’s on trend for spring. Think resort focused prints rich in botanical, fruit, bird and bold floral prints. Designer color palettes included pastels and brights. Denim trends offered small ‘knicks’ vs. distressed details, skinny slouchy fits and cool washed boyfriend cuts. Feminine inspired moto-jackets and printed jogger pants are a just a few fun trends that will also be present in spring and that pair great with classic pieces you already own.
new balance stores
nike womens air max 90
Tory Burch looked fantastic, as always – comprised of raffia tweed, updated gingham prints, color-blocking and fringe details. Earth tones mixed with brights made for a fun spring color palette to appeal to bold and understated styles. Check out her spring runway show for the complete collections of looks, here.
stephen curry shoes buy
“We thought about construction and engineered patterns…textured knits paired with their digital-print counterparts.”
– Tory Burch
I am continually impressed with my friend Zem and her entrepreneurial spirit and passion when it comes to the environment. She is a true champion of the eco-lifestyle. She is the Founder of Ecofabulous.com which is a great resource, and she is involved in so many innovative and inspiring organizations, like Global Green USA and the Cradle to Cradle Product Innovation Institute. In this Conversations with Hilary she reveals so much about herself and her passions – enjoy.
stephen curry 2014 shoes
What do you believe to be your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment is discerning that my kids’ asthma was caused by environmental factors and then eradicating it, which led to my very unplanned career.
Do you have a prized possession? What?
I love my Tesla. It isn’t the high tech gadgetry or the luxurious interior, it is the immense joy I get zooming past gas stations, knowing I’ll never have to stop at one again.
discount new balance shoes
What do you love about yourself? What do you think others love about you?
I love that I’m led by passion. I think that my friends like my zest for life and my deep loyalty, especially when the cards are down.
nike air max noir
If you could be anything other than what you currently are, what would it be?
air max blanc
What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
I make breakfast and pack lunch for my kids.
What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
Go over to Gina Pell’s house. Her husband Dave makes us dinner while we compare notes on the week and catch up on projects like her new emoji app LOLy.
What do you like most about what you do for a living/career?
It allows me to work with people I greatly admire and to do everything I love. I deeply enjoy writing but not when I am required to do so. My career allows me to design spaces that are healthy and inspiring, yet I still get to celebrate products and brands I am enamored with. It allows me to travel (sometimes too much) and keeps me on the cutting edge of science. What’s not to love?
What were you passionate about when you were young?
As a kid I was always passionate about nature and animals. Growing up on a commune, I was surrounded by creatures and I felt the need to protect them. As a teenager I was distracted by clubbing but passionate about entrepreneurship, starting my first business while still in high school. I was also always passionate about traveling and getting to know other cultures. In my twenties I traveled all over the world, living in London, Paris and Italy. That is when I became determined to do my part to make the world a better place.
air max 90 on sale
What are you passionate about now?
Protecting the environment.
Cradle to Cradle thinking.
My daughter’s riding.
My son’s scientific exploration.
Writing and performing raps with my amazing husband.
Global Green’s Gorgeous & Green event that I will chair on October 10th for the 10th year!
What’s your favorite season? Why?
Summer. I love being warm and being outside, hiking, diving, rafting, kayaking, riding horses, fishing, drinking Campari and soda with friends on a porch.
air jordan nike air
If you were a cocktail or drink, what would it be?
I’d probably be an organic tequila and soda. Fun (sometimes too much fun), effervescent, reliable, resilient, well-traveled but light on the planet.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you want to have with you?
Flint, blankets and fishing gear… I’ve never missed a season of Survivor.
womens nike free run shoes
If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I’d go hang out behind the scenes of the White House to see what’s really going on.
nike air max outlet
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Dean Kamen and Bill McDonough. Dean is the greatest living inventor (along with Elon Musk) and Bill is the most inspirational environmental designer. Together they can redesign the world beautifully.
If your life was made into a movie, what would it be called?
Ecofabulous, of course.
Do you have any regrets?
I try not to, but I probably would have spent even more time with my beloved grandmothers.
Being able to choose what you do for a living, for fun and for the world.
What are your personal core values?
Spread joy, be compassionate and respect all species and the planet. Show up! I live by this Bill McDonough quote: “We need to love all children of all species for all time.”
Ahh yes, the classic color we ease into after we exhaust our ever evolving black wardrobe. Navy is one of those classic colors that pairs with almost everything and looks good on just about everybody. If you are brave enough to expand your wardrobe color palette, navy is the perfect color to segway from black to a slew of other fun colors. From a classic navy Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress to a navy and white stripe St. James top, it’s a color that is here to stay and one that designers almost always offer in one piece or another, every season.
With some amazing fall collections hitting the racks, I can’t help but notice navy pieces sprinkled in with medium greys, burnt oranges, berry hues and olive greens.
Our favorite navy pieces for fall:
The beginning of fall in Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful times of year. The traffic has started to slow down, the beaches are less crowded, and the trails are quiet. I love taking my cruiser down the bike path along the West shore, while enjoying the arrival of fall – the aspen leaves are starting to turn yellow and the air is just a little more crisp. Pair the bike ride or hike with a light salad and a glass Sauvignon Blanc on the patio at PlumpJack Café, and I am in heaven.
air jordan 11
Here is a list of my closet staples for this fall in Tahoe:
air jordan kicks
1.) JBrand Retro Zip Skinny in clean rinse wash
air jordan retro 3
nike free run mens
As it gets cooler in Tahoe, a good pair of jeans from JBrand is a must. I recommend the JBrand Retro Zip Skinny in clean rinse. They don’t stretch out and lose their form, and the dark wash is versatile.
nike free 5.0 running
I absolutely love my Jane Strappy Boots in dark brown paired with my skinny jeans or skirts. The slight heel on the back dresses up the boot and the dark brown color is easy to pair with my light or dark wash jeans.
under armour curry one
3.) Red 23 Belted cardigan in both white & black
With it getting cooler at night and during the days, I always bring along a lightweight cardigan. I love Red 23’s belted cardigan in black or white paired with jeans or cutoff shorts.
4.) Amesha Cotton Twill Vest ($139)
curry shoes 2014
Currently my favorite piece in my wardrobe is my Velvet twill cargo vest in forest – this vest ties all my outfits together. It looks great over my Tart Collections Romy Top in charcoal.
air max 90 white
5.) Tart Collections Romy Top in charcoal ($88)
nike air jordan flight
(Seen below in striped)
nike air max 2012
nike womens free
This top is about the most comfortable and stylish top. The fit is perfect and the fabric is soft and cozy.
All of this and more can be found at PlumpJack Sport Squaw Valley. Our inventory is changing from fashion to ski over the next few months to get ready for a BIG winter here at Squaw Valley, but stop in to shop and save on these fashions, summer clearance & left over winter ski apparel for men, women & kids from 2014 season.