Tory Burch, DVF and more.
MatrixFillmore – 3138 Fillmore St.
Saturday, May 21st (10am-5pm)
From the people who know best, a selection of Squaw and North Tahoe locals give us insight on the best things to do, see, go, eat, events, etc..this Spring. So much to do, plus with the addition of the mountain staying open in May, there are even more fun activities on the list.
Squaw Valley Resorts Hot Tub at High Camp, is an iconic get together of
all walks of life. Get to know locals, visitors, young, old, ski pros and newbies. Plus, the views are some of the best in Tahoe at 8200 elevation and the beer is cold. Swim all day in the pool and relax in the hot tub.
Spring is a multi-sport season!
One of the best ways to experience the warmth and sunshine of Lake Tahoe is by paddle board, kayak, or boat. If you’re into experiencing the water in a different way, there’s always Fly Fishing! We recommend Matt Heron Fly Fishing in Squaw Valley.
Rock climbing season has begun, and you have the chance to rope-up! We recommend Donner Summit or Big Chief.Hiking is a must for anyone, whether you need to find your zen on a solo adventure or you want to experience with a group. During the spring months, you’ll get to see some of the most gorgeous waterfalls from all of that snow runoff. Some of PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn’s staff recommend Shirley Canyon or the many trails around Emerald Bay. Check out the massive list of hiking trails in Squaw Valley here.
Dining and Drinking Everyone agrees there is a lot of great dining and drinking to go around in North Lake Tahoe, and especially Squaw Valley. We are biased and think that PlumpJack Cafe has the best weekday happy hour and a pretty darn good bar menu, and then the dining room, which is the spot for a more elevated culinary experience. We are also big fans of many of our fellow restaurants and bars. In Squaw Valley, we love Mamasake for their Beer and a Handroll special and their excellent sushi. We also love grabbing a glass of wine and some cheese at Uncorked. For a rowdy and fun night, you can’t miss the Cantina where all the locals go for cheap PBRs and music.
PS – Don’t miss PlumpJack Cafe’s Pig Roast & Tequila Toast on June 12th. This years theme is Mexican, enjoy Mexican beers, tequila and inspired cocktails with slow roasted carnitas.
Notable Events In Squaw Valley
Made in Tahoe Festival. Which celebrates all things local. The Village at Squaw Valley hosts a wide array of offerings that are made, or inspired, in the Lake Tahoe Basin and Truckee areas- local artisans, businesses, food, organizations and entertainers. More info here.
The 4th AMCRC Western Regional Car Show
On May 21st Come to Squaw Valley for a Spring day of amazing and unique automobiles. More info here.
This popular and free outdoor concert series at the Village at Squaw Valley features acclaimed blues musicians, great grab and go food offerings from Village restaurants and a Blues bar with beer, wine & spirits available in the Events Plaza. June 14th, 21st, 28th and July 5th.
Outdoor Movie Series
Families and friends can snuggle up under the stars while enjoying new releases and family classics on the big screen in the Events Plaza at The Village at Squaw Valley. For date and movies playing click here.
Art, Wine & Music Festival
Squaw Valley’s village will burst with color, taste, and sound as fine artists, crafts makers, performers and musicians come to participate in this fun, two-day annual event. More info here.
Shameless PlumpJack Plug
Enjoy 25% off a two night mid week stay at PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn for stay dates between April 3rd and June 16th, 2016. Restrictions apply.
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn is closed from May 1st until the 12th.
Don’t forget to stop by PlumpJackSport to shop and save! Jump on the end of season sales for winter apparel. Get all your gear for next season at up to 60% OFF! If you’re in San Francisco on May 21st stop by our Trunk Show and shop up to 70% odd winter gear.
Sometimes it feels like the seasons change over one weekend. We finally received some much needed rain over the past few weeks and this past week finally feels like spring has arrived (hello sunshine!).
With a new season, means a new wardrobe.
Which means finding time to scope out new pieces to add to your closet. Personally, I often don’t have time to take time and go out shopping. So I prefer getting some easy pieces that I know will last me a long time, will go with my existing pieces in rotation and easy enough to throw on for work or weekend.
This season was hard to narrow down my favorites, but a few that stood out can be versatile for most California weather well through fall and easy to become staples within a solid spring/summer wardrobe
- This shoe has recently become a Tory Burch favorite. The Lexington wedge is an easy style that you will live in almost year round – and is honestly comfortable. (Tory Burch)
- Sweater tank. I know what you’re thinking, a sweater for a warm weather season? But it’s a tank. And it’s a breathable woven. So it works – really well. A great top to pair with cutoff denim shorts or tucked into some amazing joggers (as pictured).(360 Sweater)
- A perfect in season wash, and a relaxed fit are ideal for the coming months. This denim is your go-to-throw-on-with-any-top kind of pant that keeps it’s fit day to day. (Fidelity Denim).
- I’ll start by saying the picture does not do this one justice. This jumpsuit is hardly, a jumpsuit. On, it looks like a dress – flowy and ridiculously comfortable. So it’s absolutely perfect for bike rides and windy days. You’re welcome. (Tysa Designs)
- 5. I’m happy that joggers are still on trend. (Okay, maybe I’m a little bias, since they typically are offered in shorter inseams and are ideal for my 5’3 self). Anyways, there are a great alternative to a denim since they’re a lighter pant and ultimately become your best friend when you bring on all your spring/summer vacations. (Velvet)
Happy Spring shopping!
As someone who loves buying gifts for people rather than myself, I especially enjoy getting gifts for my best friends. Having been scouring the internet for the past month, I’ve come across quite a few piece that I know they would love.
- This blanket literally feels like, if a cloud and a hug had a baby. Need I say more?
- Raw cut druzy stone earrings offer the right amount of sparkle and dimension. P.S. This collection is all handmade in the Bay Area.
- I’ll be sipping my CADE Sauvingon Blanc this season in this ultra chic stemless wineglass.
- The perfect pair of slippers to step into after work. And totally wearable to go out and get your latte on a Sunday morning.
- An ideal everday tote bag with a smooth finish and optional monogram detail.
- Dress up simple tea lights with these pretty tea light holders.
H A P P Y S H O P P I N G !
This winter season here in Napa, we are yet again hoping for a season of true cold weather conditions and an abundance of rain. And while we’ll most likely at least get cooler temperatures, that’s a good enough reason for us to wear our winter coats and scarves. However, whether you’re here on the west or east coast, we all have become accustomed to reaching for the same neutral winter color palette and often fail to incorporate other colors that are often available but we tend to overlook.
Find your wint-spiration below + enjoy!
We have long been a fan of locally made products, especially clothing. So when we discovered this gem of a company based in San Francisco, that creates perfect fitting tees while carrying out their mission in which the brand was built upon: employing women who have faced challenges in their life, including previously incarcerated women in the Bay Area, we knew had to place an order right away. We especially love Road Twenty Two’s enormous philanthropic effort in creating jobs for women within the brand and love all the super soft fabrics they use that make you feel the need to buy the same tee in five colors (not that that is necessarily a bad thing…).
We spoke more about the line with Road Twenty Two CEO, Fif Ghobadian for this month’s, ‘Behind The Threads’.
1. What has been your biggest accomplishment with Road Twenty Two?
The biggest accomplishment is when we see customer and store feedback that is equally as passionate about our mission and product as we are. When we see people on the streets wearing our Tees and when we hear people talking about our brand with pure love. Also, it is beyond gratifying to employ amazing women who deserve every opportunity but are unfortunately are black balled by the system.
2. Besides the fantastic foundation in which the line is built upon, how do your shirts set themselves apart from other t-shirt brands?
Our shirts are created from luxurious US fabrics which have been washed in enzymes for ultra softness. Road 22 shirts fit to perfection the skim the body, cling in all the right places and fit most body types. The shirts are casual yet polished, fashionable not trendy and can be take you from day into evening.
3. How do you see the line evolving within five years?
Our vision is to expand our line beyond Tees for women to all knits, button down shirts and cashmeres. We will continue to expand our men’s line next and then eventually we will have a kid’s line. We are going to be a national brand known for our high quality products and for creating a social movement of giving people a second chance and putting them back into society.
4. We love that Road Twenty Two is produced entirely in San Francisco. What do you find most special about this aspect within the brand
We are supporting a local community and its wonderful to bring back garment manufacturing to San Francisco.We can just walk over to see our shirts being produced and we have our pulse on every step of the production.
5. Do you see the line spanning beyond knit tees and basics in the future?
Yes, we are definitely going to be much more than Knit tees. We will have wovens and a full Men’s and Kid’s line.
Find out more about and shop the line here and check out PlumpJackSport at The Carneros Inn for Road Twenty Two clothing!
Floral prints aren’t just for spring.
Elegant versions of this feminine classic print can be found on silks, chiffon and accessories for fall and we’re loving them all (we love them so much it makes us rhyme…). Floral prints for fall offer a sophisticated feel, so any piece will make a great addition to your closet.
A few pieces we’re currently loving:
Date: Thursday, Oct 22nd
Time: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Location: 3138 Fillmore St at Greenwich
Join PlumpJack Wine & Spirits – Marina location and enjoy six styles of French Champagnes from Demi-Sec to Tête de Cuvée. Each champagne to be paired with a different cheese from
Marin French Cheese Company and Laura Chenel.
Elevate your ski wardrobe in anticipation for an epic El Nino winter! PlumpJackSport at the village at Squaw Valley, is brining the hottest winter styles to the city! Our winter ski wear and technical line includes some of the most stylish pieces that are exclusive to a handful of outfitters in the North Lake Tahoe area. Get ahead of the season and purchase all your ski wear, après wear and accessories before you hit the mountain this winter! You wont want to miss this amazing sale!
Date: Saturday, October 24th
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Location: 3138 Fillmore Street at Greenwich
Bring in a gently used coat benefitting One Warm Coat
and receive an additional 10% OFF your purchase.
Enjoy flights that celebrate the subtle nuances between these unique Napa Valley appellations, all while receiving intimate access to our talented winemakers who will guide you through the tasting, as well as answer questions about the AVAs, the wines and the winemaking process.
Ah yes, New York Fashion Week is just wrapping up in NYC. Which means us buyers get to go in next week and
have all the fun pick out all the fresh new styles to bring in our stores for Spring.
I love attending market (fashion market: where we go twice a year to pick out the latest and greatest styles for PlumpJackSport at The Carneros Inn) in September vs. February in New York, as it allows for a broader variety of what I can wear. Since we’re on our feet all day long and walking around the city morning and night, I’ve learned how crucial it is to embrace the happy hybrid of fashion and function.
1. a versatile carry on/market bag: this bag is nylon, so it’s easy to clean if I
spill my wine the kid in front of you spills their juice on the plane due to turbulence, yet roomy and durable, for when we’re lugging around five pounds of orders and looksbooks/linesheets each day. (Tory Burch)
2. comfy, but cute sneakers: sneakers have a come a long way in breaking into the modern fashion world, so it’s almost impossible to not find a cute pair. I especially love these because
I’m obsessed with leopard print it’s a great neutral to pair with almost any outfit on my trip. (Sam Edelman)
3. classic shades: an absolute staple – and it’s such a beautiful, sunny time in NYC right now. Protect those eyes in style! (A.J. Morgan)
4. a dark, casual to dressy jean: i live in relaxed/boyfriend-ish style denim, because it’s so easy to take from day to night and you could style with essentially, any shoe. These are comfortable enough to wear all day and flawless to wear at night with a dressy top. mapbild (Paige Denim)
5. a big, cozy neutral scarf: this is part of ‘Flying 101’. Steer clear of those shady airplane blankets and opt for a spacious, soft scarf to wrap up when it gets chilly during your flight or throw on when it gets chilly at night if you’re out to dinner. (Calypso)
Everyone loves a good pair of jeans. And finding that perfect fit and wash is a journey that us ladies will always be on. So when we stumbled upon, Fidelity Denim, a made in California denim line offering an emphasis on the science behind the best fitting jean, we had to bring it in to PlumpJackSport. Lead designer at Fidelity Denim and previous Creative Director at Level 99 jeans, Rokhsan Enanoria spoke with us about the foundation of Fidelity Denim and up and coming styles to have on your fall radar.
1. Fidelity Denim’s motto is, “Devoted to Denim” – what’s the story behind this? Fidelity’s focus is denim and will always be denim. It what we are passionate about. We are constantly asked by customers for other types of clothing/secondary’s to be added to collection. However, we are devoted to the idea to making beautiful, rich, pure, fitting denim.
2. We all have that one pair of go-to denim that is our tried and true fit, style and wash. What has been become the most versatile style from Fidelity, that the average girl can wear year round? Definitely the Charlie. This is a fit that is a true skinny. Just between your ultra skinny and the skinny straight.
3. What sets Fidelity Denim apart from other denim lines out there? Fidelity pledges unwavering devotion to the finest fabrications. Fidelity promises to proudly manufacture every garment in the U.S.A, in a meticulous manner, for the ultimate fit. Fidelity honor’s blue jean history and strives to generate happiness and confidence in all those who create, sell or wear Fidelity.
4. Most people have a skinny, boot cut, cropped and shorts in their current wardrobe. What is a key denim style that we should be on the look for? Flares are an important piece in any wardrobe with the 70’s trend right now. Also, for that forward customer, anti fits and re worked boyfriends are also relevant.
5. What is the best way to care for your denim and get the most life out your favorite pair? Denim is best when it’s never washed. The characters of the fabric and it’s weave show through best after aging.