Valentine’s Day, it’s almost here. Whether you LOVE this holiday or IGNORE this holiday, it’s here to stay thanks to Hallmark. PlumpJack thinks that no matter how you feel about it, you can make it fun and an excuse to do something different than the average dinner and red rose. Here are some ideas:
- Tasting By Candlelight at Odette Estate – Indulge in Odette’s award-winning reds while delighting in artisan chocolates that complement the robust nature
of the wines. Available through the 18th of February with advanced reservations – call (707) 224-7533 ($50/person).
Why we heart this? How many opportunities do you have to do a wine and chocolate tasting by candlelight in one of the most beautiful wineries on the Silverado Trail
in the truly romantic Napa Valley? We think this one is a winner.
- Get your heart racing on the slopes at Squaw and then settle in for a romantic dinner at PlumpJack Cafe. View Valentine’s Day Menu
Why we heart this? Squaw Valley recently picked up a boat load of snow and new terrain is opening up every day. What better way to bond on Valentine’s Day than to share some chair lift rides, steal some kisses and then head down the mountain for Apres Ski by the fire? To top it off, a prix fixe Valentine’s Day menu by Chef Wyatt Dufresne at PlumpJack Cafe. This one gets our hearts
racing just thinking about it.
- Celebrate Romance Package at The Carneros Inn, includes two-nights accommodations, sparkling wine at check-in, and dinner. Book Now
Why we heart this? A stay at The Carneros Inn is the most romantic, no matter what time of year it is and the Celebrate Romance Package is available year round. Some things we think you and yours will love is the outdoor shower, couples spa treatments,
- Champagne & Caviar or a Valentine’s Day Gift Box – both available at PlumpJack Wine & Spirits – Marina. View Gift Ideas
Why we heart this? Need we say more, Champagne and Caviar. Just two things that embody love and indulgence. Splurge on these two things and, well, enough said.
- Chocolate is the way to anyone’s heart – get the recipe for Pastry Chef Jon Howard’s Chocolate Torte.
Why we heart this? If you’re going to shun the outside world this Valentine’s Day and stay in with your true love, there is nothing that says I LOVE YOU more than baking for that someone special. This chocolate torte is rich, chocolatey and can be enhanced with liqueur and fruit.
Happy Valentine’s Day from everyone at PlumpJack. May your heart be filled with love, wine, chocolate, Napa Valley getaways, caviar and romance!